There are newer employer reviews for General Mills

Great people with fun, recognizable products.

I have been working at General Mills

Pros

Strong brands and strong people.

Cons

All the common detractors for a giant company: slow, not agile, a lot of red tape to get certain things done, etc.

reviews filtered by

Sales and sales manager positions, traditional format customers, full portfolio responsibilities

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager I in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager I in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Mills full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, work life balance, high quality training , personnel. Wining brands, credibility with customers. Continuous improvement initiatives. Steady, strong ship.

Cons

Slower to respond in consumer market, relying on canned approach/ systems rather than custom expertise with customer. Adverse to change even when key customers challenge organization as "late, slow" behind the curve vs innovator.

Balance the steady ship approach with more true forward thinking initiatives, not merely tweaks to existing models. It's time to go beyond the next iteration of Cheerios, there are other ideas yet to be created.

2. Simply one of the best

Current Employee - IS Developer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - IS Developer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at General Mills part-time

Pros

Excellent culture. Very smart people you work with. Family Oriented. Excellent work life balance. I really couldn't ask for more from GMI. Benefits are top notch.

The thing that kept me coming back to General Mills are the people, there is a General Mills personality that makes people want to be there. After being there for so long, it is extremely easy to make good friends at work.

Cons

I was not passionate about working with cereal and food products in general. However, I loved the people I worked with, so this was not a huge issue.

There are newer employer reviews for General Mills