General Mills

There are newer employer reviews for General Mills

Way to political

Former Employee - Supervision in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Supervision in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at General Mills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the brightest people I have worked with.

Cons

Waaaay to political. Managers will have their peers attempt at setting you up, just to see if you support your boss or not. Some are very savvy and it's an easy trap to fall into. If you want to excel, have your ideas respected, don't want to play little political games and want to speak your mind, don't work here. And God help you if you're a Conservative. These folks, especially as of late and their backing of same sex marriage with ostracize you in a second if you don't play the "divwersity" game. I made the mistake of saying I'm not for diversity. Diversity gets no one anywhere, just gives the company warm fuzzy's and a great review in the paper. I'm for individual accomplishment and achievement, not advancement because of diversity, which is funny. This company, like all others, toes the line saying "we don't discriminate by gender, race, sexual orientation" blah blah, but exactly how discriminatory is it to promote someone BECAUSE of those factors and that person isn't qualified. Glad I left...

Quit playing games, provide a path, knock off the PC crap.

641 Other Employee Reviews for General Mills (View Most Recent)

A Great Experience

Former Employee - Business Planning Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Planning Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at General Mills full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities - Especially for those right out of college
    Management in Foodservice Division continues to improve themselves and develop their employees.
    Headquarters has every amentity needed - fitness center, coffee shop, daycare, medical facility, grocery store, salon, gas station and a great cafeteria. (maybe too many as one would never have to leave)
    Heavily involved in diversity programs and local community charity events.
    Opportunties are boundless for networking and volunteering and the peoople I've worked with and for are wonderful (with the exception of a few, but that's true in any large organization)

Cons

The location - Minneapolis is fun, young and vibrant but it's cold for way too many months.

Hire me again when I get back to the Twin Cities...would love to do it all over again!!

Manufacturing and Engineering Associate

Current Employee - Mea in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Mea in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at General Mills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good development program on paper

Cons

Support for supply chain early career development is lacking at smaller facilities

There are newer employer reviews for General Mills