There are newer employer reviews for General Mills

It is bitter sweet

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at General Mills full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many amenities, enjoy perks provided when meeting goals, Have resources to get things done, which is a huge plus. Good about communication to employees.

Cons

Very high school like in its culture - many clicks, people not always honest to your face, highly competitive, work life balance talked about but not really supported...

Trust that your employees know what they are doing and have the necessary expertise. Support them when they show initiative.

603 Other Employee Reviews for General Mills (View Most Recent)

Customer Account Manager I

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager I in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager I in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at General Mills full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, great compensation, smart people, fun people, caring company, GREAT career path

Cons

Big company so slow to move, you have to go through Minneapolis if you want to progress your career to higher ranks and almost a gaurantee to live there as a director or above, harder and better work is not always given the better promotions (everyone treated the same at lower levels in terms of timing of promotion which gives lazy people more incentive to not go the extra mile)

Reward your rising stars in order to motivate them to want to work harder for you, find ways to have higher ranking positions available outside of MN, and keep your "we care for your family and personal life" culture

Excellent work life balance benefits.

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at General Mills part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is possible to manage work and life at General Mills. Sometimes this means making a conscious choice to take a break from the career track or to be taken less seriously for the choice of working part time (this varies from department to department), but generally there is a healthy respect for having more to life than a job you love.

Cons

Less so than elsewhere, I'm sure, there is still a bit of a stigma with being part time.

There are newer employer reviews for General Mills