General Mills Team Leader II

Current Employee - Team Leader II in West Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Team Leader II in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at General Mills

Pros

There is a high level of competency amongst the peer group, which I believe can be attributable to the tests taken during the interview process. Management was free to give you the reigns on projects or daily tactical responses, showing a high level of trust. The company size yields greater development opportunities.

Cons

We all worked a lot of hours 50+ per week. The work day was designed at 9 hours, then you may have to work an additional 5+ to accomplish other things you are working on, or hold meetings with different shifts.

Advice to Management

General Mills application of policy is not necessarily consistent. In addition, many individuals from the corporate office are sent to the field to "learn". I think this could be accomplished earlier in an individual's career vs. in the role of department managers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. General Mills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at General Mills

Pros

Overall corporate concern with finding the best position within the company that matches employee skills. Salary and bonus levels very generous. Commitment to family is unmatched by other companies.

Cons

Ability to communicate senior leadership goals into workable, measureable objectives for mid-level management. Ability to recognize and reward efforts.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee work-life balance. Maintain

Receptionist Interview

Former Employee - Receptionist in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at General Mills

Pros

General Mills was a great place to work. I enjoyed every minute of it. I would definitely recommend working there.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind about negatives with General Mills. They were a good company to work for and I worked with really great people.