General Motors

A Company Worth Saving

Former Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI
Former Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at General Motors

Pros

The salary, work environment, and perks are one of the best, compared to other very large corporations, and they have some of the best resources to make their own products. The employees are extremely talented, friendly, and helpful.
GM is one of three American companies which manufacture their automobiles in the United States, and I think that is an important enough reason to support the continuation of its production. Although GM may be notoriously known for the large size of their automobiles, I believe the concept of having an American branded car has a lot of potential in establishing American presence on a global basis.

Cons

It takes forever to see anything change.

Keep up the effort in building greener cars. Also, although I am not a business major, I think something needs to be re-looked at in the financial structure of the company from what I am reading in the news.

1088 Other Employee Reviews for General Motors (View Most Recent)

GM Internship Experience builds the necessary professional skills for a new grad

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at General Motors

Pros

As an intern, GM is a great place to work because it is a global company with such a strong presence in the US. You are treated as though you are a full-time employee, and are offered opportunities to interact with mid- to upper-level management and senior level executives. There are many locations to live and work in and they offer competitive pay and perks. Interaction with other interns can be achieved through housing arrangements, intern-initiated gatherings, case competitions, and company-planned intern events.

Cons

Many of the employees there have never worked elsewhere so they don't bring in best practices from other industries. To combat that, GM has high levels of interaction with agencies to bring creativity to their work. You get great experience with high level thinking, but most executional work is taken on by agency partners.

The company situation is too complex at this point for me to provide recommendations without further research.

Top Heavy Company! To many chiefs screw everything up!

Current Employee - Team Leader in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at General Motors

Pros

good pay and thats it better be able to shovel the sh it and put up with the constant brow beatings!

Cons

constant harassment about how you do your job and never treated with respect by management
    they talk down to the employees like little children and quick to punish in you make one mistake out of many cars built.
    Never praise the employees for a job well done
    Don't know where they found the plant manager but told employees that if you don't like what i tell you to do K-Mart was hiring

Company is way to top heavy why do we need so many presidents and vice presidents can't the managers handle the work and do away with the so called title and hundreds of presidents and vice presidents come on get real the only reason for the title is for a bigger salary and bonuses no wonder Gm is losing money. Gotta pay the presidents
    Should only be one president and one CEO

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors