General Motors
www.gm.com Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

I LOVE working for GM. It is a great company that has lots of opp for development

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

ProsCompany is so big that you have the opp to work for many different functions. Some functions have very dynamic leaders while others leave something to be desired. It just depends on where you work.

ConsLateral moves are abundant, but upward mobility to executive is a challenge. There are not a lot of executive openings for you to aspire to, so can become disillusioned it you don't challege yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and make room for others to advance :-)

GM is full of a wide variety of experiences and people to create a rewarding career.

Warren, MI

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: Variety of people and projects. Interesting assignments and some global… Cons: Over the past 15 years the opportunities to advance in… Advice to Senior Management: Get a little more involved in understanding what employees are doing and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not bad ... but needs improvement

Detroit, MI

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: Compensation and flexibility in work schedule Cons: Bureaucracy and work overload on competent employees More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

General Motors – Why Work for Us?

At GM, we believe that striking a positive work-life balance leads to an engaged, productive work force. In fact, we believe that by empowering our employees to explore flextime and telecommuting options, not only can… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.