General Motors

www.gm.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

Rick Wagoner has done a very good job turning around the culture at General Motors over the last 5+ years.

Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager

I have been working at General Motors

Pros

GM is a great company to work for, I have a high level of pride when I tell people I work for GM. In my position, I am empowered to make decisions and control the product development that I am responsible for. GM is not just a US company, we are a Global company, and have improved the living standards of many people who have worked for us and for the suppliers and businesses that that support our manufacturing.

Cons

As with any large corporation, there is a certain amount of difficulty with communication between the layers of workers and between departments. This has improved drastically in the last few years, but still remains to some extent.

Keep up the good work! I believe we are on the right track and have some of the best product and highest quality that we have ever had. We are at a turning point in our evolution, and we will come out of this stronger than we were when the economic problems began.

1085 Other Employee Reviews for General Motors (View Most Recent)

You ask to much personal information, it makes it difficult to get people to participate.

Current Employee - Global Business Lead for Maintenance in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Global Business Lead for Maintenance in Detroit, MI

I have been working at General Motors

Pros

It is good work representing good people. It is great products, built with pride by Americans supporting the Manufacturing backbone of this country. GM is rebuilding it's image and products to compete in a Global Market. It is interesting work during troubled times. I expect that Gm will turn this situation around and be stronger than anyone predicts today.

Cons

Bad times, make for limited promotions and opportunities to achieve more. So little control over the forces that work against us. The weak economy, the banking crisis, the lending crisis, etc....

Keep the the Strong Marketting Campaign moving. I think that America should get reacquainted with GM the Company. A strong contributer to our communities, we need to promote ourselves as a vibrant active part of communities that we live and work in.

GM - A Sinking Ship!

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer

I have been working at General Motors

Pros

None, except for the pay check and benefits, and really, the benefits and pay are average for a major corporation.

Cons

GM used to be a company that was a very good place to work at. Unfortunately because of incompetent management appointments and decisions, they have run this company into the ground. GM is big on culture and internal politics. They love people that go along with status quo. Open your mouth and disagree with the bosses and you will be labeled Not A Team Player!

Car Sales should be the number one priority. Here's a simply concept for them, the consumer wants a quality product at a reasonable price that doesn't break down. People work hard for their money and want to get the most out of it. Right now, they view GM products as not meeting this requirement.

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors