General Motors
www.gm.com Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

Rick Wagoner has done a very good job turning around the culture at General Motors over the last 5+ years.

Assistant Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at General Motors

ProsGM is a great company to work for, I have a high level of pride when I tell people I work for GM. In my position, I am empowered to make decisions and control the product development that I am responsible for. GM is not just a US company, we are a Global company, and have improved the living standards of many people who have worked for us and for the suppliers and businesses that that support our manufacturing.

ConsAs with any large corporation, there is a certain amount of difficulty with communication between the layers of workers and between departments. This has improved drastically in the last few years, but still remains to some extent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! I believe we are on the right track and have some of the best product and highest quality that we have ever had. We are at a turning point in our evolution, and we will come out of this stronger than we were when the economic problems began.

An outstanding company in crisis that can be fixed with a middle management leadership "enema"

Assistant Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: Worldwide advancement opportunities. Can't imagine getting excited about a consumer durable other than cars. The work isn't dull. Things change everyday and… Cons: Job security, while never an issue in the past, is suspect right now. Culture of senior leadership is sometimes stifling to innovation. Sometimes, middle… Advice to Senior Management: Need to be more proactive and less reactive. Need to change the culture to accept the truth from subordinates, not just rewarding those that… More

You ask to much personal information, it makes it difficult to get people to participate.

Global Business Lead for Maintenance (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: It is good work representing good people. It is great products, built with pride by Americans supporting the Manufacturing backbone of this country. … Cons: Bad times, make for limited promotions and opportunities to achieve more. So little control over the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the the Strong Marketting Campaign moving. I think that America should get reacquainted with GM the Company. A strong… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.