General Motors

www.gm.com

GM is a great place to work.

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsCompany does not expect your soul. General Motors offers a very liberal vacation program. General Motors offers a very liberal benefits package. General Motors has a very intelligent workforce.

ConsThe company is in serious trouble with large legacy costs. The geographic location of GM limits the talent it can attract. The company is stingy with productivity enhancers such as notebook computers, cell phones, virtual offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe geographic location of GM limits the talent it can attract. Move to an attractive location and reap the financial benefits (and cull the workforce). The very best employees can work wherever they want. Very few will want to live in the Detroit area.

Beware!

Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Flint, MI

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: I can't think of too many right now, due to their dire financial situation. About ten years ago… Cons: Everything right now. It is looking like they are heading towards bankruptcy. There are massive cuts coming in the salary ranks. Those… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the long term view of the company. In all my… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

life at GM

Maintenance General Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: good pay, good vacation policy, good benifit package Cons: no regaurds to family life, uppermanagement poor performance, not willing… Advice to Senior Management: listen to your employees who are doing the job, quit… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!