There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

GM is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst

I have been working at General Motors

Pros

Company does not expect your soul. General Motors offers a very liberal vacation program. General Motors offers a very liberal benefits package. General Motors has a very intelligent workforce.

Cons

The company is in serious trouble with large legacy costs. The geographic location of GM limits the talent it can attract. The company is stingy with productivity enhancers such as notebook computers, cell phones, virtual offices.

The geographic location of GM limits the talent it can attract. Move to an attractive location and reap the financial benefits (and cull the workforce). The very best employees can work wherever they want. Very few will want to live in the Detroit area.

912 Other Employee Reviews for General Motors (View Most Recent)

Beware!

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer  in  Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Flint, MI

I have been working at General Motors

Pros

I can't think of too many right now, due to their dire financial situation. About ten years ago it was a decent place to work. Competitve pay, good benefits, profit sharing, lots of vacation and holidays.

Cons

Everything right now. It is looking like they are heading towards bankruptcy. There are massive cuts coming in the salary ranks. Those that are left will be taking pay cuts. Our benefits have been getting cut the last several years. We have only had one pay raise in the last five. It is not a fun place to work right now. Advancement has always been pretty poor, unless you were related to someone or knew someone higher up.

Look at the long term view of the company. In all my years with the company, everything was always looked at in the short term.

life at GM

Current Employee - Maintenance General Supervisor
    Current Employee - Maintenance General Supervisor

I have been working at General Motors

Pros

good pay, good vacation policy, good benifit package

Cons

no regaurds to family life, uppermanagement poor performance, not willing to listen to ideas, smothered with paperwork

listen to your employees who are doing the job, quit smoothing them with meetings and paperwork,

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!