General Motors

www.gm.com

Laidoff...with employees still working with less seniority.

Machine Repair (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsI had 10 years of service when I was laidoff, which gave me the opportunity to go back to school through the TAA program and still get my subpay. So it was the best case situation for me in a bad situation.

ConsI was laidoff before others that had less seniority than myself. There were 10 of us in this situation. I am the only one left that did not take a severance or transfer to a new plant. It's not right but the union does what ever it wants to if it pleases them.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no words...in fact my issue wasn't with management. I did my job and I did it well. The union is my issue...I know that they help me in many situations but in this one it was a decision that the union made so they could retain others (one the shop chairs nephew) so others were laid off. I still pay union dues 3 years later and they won't even return a phone call from me. I've called 3 times in 3 years. So glad I went and got my bachelors on them.

Good company to wrok for befor they went bankrupt.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Pontiac, MI

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good work life balance, not too demanding. Cons: Poor upward mobility, management doesn't seem to recognize top performers. Advice to Senior Management: Reward the employees who are really doing a good job. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Old GM

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Warren, MI

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good pay, nice co-workers/environment, security of job Cons: Same old GM. The internal job application process is all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!