General Motors

www.gm.com

My current experience at General Motors has been very rewarding.

Group Leader (Supervisor) (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsGeneral Motors offers some of the best benefits available from a work place. We have 16 scheduled paid holidays, and start out with 3 weeks vacation. The medical benefits are also phenomenal in comparison to many other companies. Most people that complain either haven't worked anywhere else, or haven't done so in a very long time. In addition. the pay is also very competitive.

ConsA lot of the Union members favor an adversarial relationship with management, as opposed to understanding that it behooves us to work cohesively. The upper management is more "tolerable" of disrespectful behavior from Union leadership than what I'm accustomed to, but that seems to be common in this area. I'm not confident it's the same way in Detroit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the unity that I've seen amongst salary individuals thus far. In addition, we need to perpetuate the imperative nature of our success to the hourly employees. The company (like any other), could easily find itself in a bad situation again, depending on our actions and the economy.

Have to work for it

Manager (Current Employee) Warren, MI

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Managment rewards talent, and fosters an environment that thrives on teamwork and relationship building. You do have to put in long hours on occassion,… Cons: HR still has an old-school mentatility and often fights upward movement for employees that are "too inexperienced" (e.g. too young), and still pushes a seniority-based… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Senior Product development engineer

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Warren, MI

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great company. Several types of jobs within the company. Cons: Big company with lot confusion about responsibilities Advice to Senior Management: Need to make people more accountable and cleary defined goals… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!