General Motors

www.gm.com

Lots to learn but not a good place to stay as a contractor

ProsRespectable corporate culture, openness and honesty are common. Some nice perks including occasional use of company vehicles. Highly collaborative global work force: work with and learn from dozens of very capable professionals from around the world on a daily basis.

ConsDeclining benefits packages. Use of contract employees who do the same work as full time employees but with weaker overall compensation, additional bureaucratic hurdles to their jobs, no meaningful performance reviews and no guarantee for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinstate compensatory time off. Hire all of the people that the organization depends on as fully fledged members of the business and support their professional development with performance reviews and reward excellence with pay raises and bonuses.

Overall good company

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: Good people, professional, caring. It is home to some of the… Cons: Bureaucratic. Upper management lost their love for cars and what they mean for the consumer. It's… Advice to Senior Management: Improve communication channels because news, issues, and solutions don't travel all the way up. Functions are territorial and its management protective of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Bit over worked at the end before retiring

Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) St. Catharines, ON (Canada)

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: lots of money and overtime..................... Cons: too many useless people not contributing Advice to Senior Management: try to do what you want the 6 level supervisors… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!