General Motors
www.careers.gm.com Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

Overall rating of employer

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Warren, MI

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMultiple tasks, benefits, personnel from all types of countries, persons willing to work together from all departments to accomplish many tasks for their group and many other areas.

ConsAdvancement in a company that large is quite difficult to achieve unless you know someone higher up and with unusual skills and achievements.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with all departments and individuals especially if they are willing and wanting to move ahead and achieve much in their lifetime.

10 years in a GM plant

Operator (Former Employee)
Monroe, LA

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Made real money and lifelong friends. Had the best… Cons: The crooked local union made back door deals and let low life thieves keep their jobs. … Advice to Senior Management: There were some characters for sure as supervisors. Only advice I'd give… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Company Overall Rating

Senior SAP SRM Functional Analyst (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at General Motors full-time for less than a year

Pros: Outlook projected is very good Cons: Too many systems and interfaces and business processes Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.