General Motors
www.gm.com Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

Working at GM can be very rewarding, with opportunities to grow in many directions.

Environmental Engineer (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

ProsWorld leader in auto manufacturing; job opportunities in a wide variety of fields; structured employee evaluation, development, and training; discounts to some great vehicles!

ConsLarge company = large bureauocracy; sometimes slow decision-making; can get confined to certain area or position; good, but not great, pay/benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to open up further in terms of allowing employees to change locations/fields--there is a great opportunity there to keep good employees from jumping ship.

amazing to see it all come together

Assembler (Current Employee)
    Arlington, TX

I have been working at General Motors full-time for less than a year

Pros: benefits, salary, coworkers, team work, overtime Cons: parking in back if u dont have a GM model… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Pretty good

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at General Motors full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lots of competent people, good hours, projects tend to be… Cons: Sometimes feel that my work was not being noticed by… More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

General Motors – Why Work for Us?

At GM, we believe that striking a positive work-life balance leads to an engaged, productive work force. In fact, we believe that by empowering our employees to explore flextime and telecommuting options, not only can… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.