General Motors
www.gm.com Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

General Motors...Janesville, WI {No longer an operating plant}.

Production (Former Employee)
Janesville, WI

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay was great. GM's supervisors/management {for the most part} were good leaders & advocates for their department's workers. Time off on "shut down" a.k.a. "change over"...was a great perk {2 weeks paid time-off over Xmas & New Years}. Overall a good company to work for.

ConsThe hours & monotony suck the life out of you! Mandatory 10-12 hour days doing the same tasks day-in-day-out. Second shift typically ran from 3pm-3am {not a great schedule for parents}, The plant closed down in WI.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue your valued efforts as advocates and accessible leaders of your department's workers, it's great for employee morale.

Some good learning opportunities with limited career growth

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very good place for young engineers to learn and pretty… Cons: Not so good choice for mid career engineers. Very stagnant and with very limited advancement. Company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Adapting to a changing business environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Throughout my career, I was provided ample opportunity to learn and develop my… Cons: The bankruptcy contributed to the current lack of focus on the people. The bankruptcy also… Advice to Senior Management: Stop throwing the babies out with the bathwater! Seek to understand individual capability and promote innovation and creativity through embracing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.