General Motors

www.gm.com

General Motors...Janesville, WI {No longer an operating plant}.

Production (Former Employee) Janesville, WI

ProsThe pay was great. GM's supervisors/management {for the most part} were good leaders & advocates for their department's workers. Time off on "shut down" a.k.a. "change over"...was a great perk {2 weeks paid time-off over Xmas & New Years}. Overall a good company to work for.

ConsThe hours & monotony suck the life out of you! Mandatory 10-12 hour days doing the same tasks day-in-day-out. Second shift typically ran from 3pm-3am {not a great schedule for parents}, The plant closed down in WI.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue your valued efforts as advocates and accessible leaders of your department's workers, it's great for employee morale.

Sr Software Engineer

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: - Great Place to Work. - Management is very supportive - Lot… Cons: - Opportunity for Junior Employees - Need to provide option to… Advice to Senior Management: Provide opportunity for Engineers to Travel to Michigan Center Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

EHS Supervisor/Engineer

EHS Engineer (Former Employee) Reno-Stead, NV

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: An excellent working relationship with all departments. Good interface… Cons: The location in Reno is somewhat remote. Advice to Senior Management: Keep the rest rooms clean. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!