fast paced

Current Employee - Production Supervisor  in  Flint, MI
Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Flint, MI

I have been working at General Motors as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

new experiences every day. get to work one on one with the production of new vehicles

Cons

stressful environment. loud, dirty, there is a certain type of attitude you must have working in a manufacturing plant. shop talk.

everything is fine at the moment.

Other Reviews for General Motors

Excellent experience in a manufacturing plant

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker

I worked at General Motors full-time

Pros

Overall, the assembly line employees were treated respectfully and had a really good job. It is a clean manufacturing environment, and most jobs require a reasonable amount of focus/effort/dexterity. I enjoyed my time there.

Cons

I was able to try a few different jobs on the assembly line, and some were very difficult, even with all the advances in technology over the years. Some were simply still not ergonomically designed and could really lead to repetitive use injuries, so I definitely think ALL of the jobs in the plant should be designed so the part fits well/slides on easily or does not require really awkward bending of the wrist while using a power tool, because the wrist is an easily damaged area.

A laid back environment with everyone contributing equally

Former Employee - Line Worker  in  Roanoke, IN
    Former Employee - Line Worker in Roanoke, IN

I worked at General Motors full-time for less than a year

Pros

No complaining about others not working hard, good pay, able to be in your own world while working, very little stress, 8 hour shift work
    Great benefits and pay

Cons

monotonous work, repetitive, no room for advancement, boring, lots of negativity within people
    Sometimes the job leaves certain parts of the body feeling sore and overworked. I would recommend working out and stretching while employed at GM

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!