General Motors

www.gm.com

Excellent experience in a manufacturing plant

Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee)

ProsOverall, the assembly line employees were treated respectfully and had a really good job. It is a clean manufacturing environment, and most jobs require a reasonable amount of focus/effort/dexterity. I enjoyed my time there.

ConsI was able to try a few different jobs on the assembly line, and some were very difficult, even with all the advances in technology over the years. Some were simply still not ergonomically designed and could really lead to repetitive use injuries, so I definitely think ALL of the jobs in the plant should be designed so the part fits well/slides on easily or does not require really awkward bending of the wrist while using a power tool, because the wrist is an easily damaged area.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was able to try a few different jobs on the assembly line, and some were very difficult, even with all the advances in technology over the years. Some were simply still not ergonomically designed and could really lead to repetitive use injuries, so I definitely think ALL of the jobs in the plant should be designed so the part fits well/slides on easily or does not require really awkward bending of the wrist while using a power tool, because the wrist is an easily damaged area.

A laid back environment with everyone contributing equally

Line Worker (Former Employee) Roanoke, IN

I worked at General Motors full-time for less than a year

Pros: No complaining about others not working hard, good pay, able to be in your… Cons: monotonous work, repetitive, no room for advancement, boring, lots of negativity within people Sometimes the job leaves certain parts… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Treated fair

Material Handler (Former Employee) Moraine, OH

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good pay, Benefits. Room for advancement. Cons: Medical personnel did not have the interest of the workers. Advice to Senior Management: Understand the needs of the people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!