General Motors

www.gm.com

Excellent experience in a manufacturing plant

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker
Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker

Pros

Overall, the assembly line employees were treated respectfully and had a really good job. It is a clean manufacturing environment, and most jobs require a reasonable amount of focus/effort/dexterity. I enjoyed my time there.

Cons

I was able to try a few different jobs on the assembly line, and some were very difficult, even with all the advances in technology over the years. Some were simply still not ergonomically designed and could really lead to repetitive use injuries, so I definitely think ALL of the jobs in the plant should be designed so the part fits well/slides on easily or does not require really awkward bending of the wrist while using a power tool, because the wrist is an easily damaged area.

Other reviews for General Motors

A laid back environment with everyone contributing equally

Former Employee - Line Worker  in  Roanoke, IN
    Former Employee - Line Worker in Roanoke, IN

Pros

No complaining about others not working hard, good pay, able to be in your own world while working, very little stress, 8 hour shift work
    Great benefits and pay

Cons

monotonous work, repetitive, no room for advancement, boring, lots of negativity within people
    Sometimes the job leaves certain parts of the body feeling sore and overworked. I would recommend working out and stretching while employed at GM

Treated fair

Former Employee - Material Handler  in  Moraine, OH
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Moraine, OH

Pros

Good pay, Benefits. Room for advancement.

Cons

Medical personnel did not have the interest of the workers.

Understand the needs of the people.

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!