General Motors

www.gm.com

Same old GM

Engineer II (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsMaking better cars and putting the customer first has improved greatly since bankruptcy. Great non-management co-workers. Quickly becoming a major technology company vs just an automaker.

ConsVery poor leadership. Management actively tries to keep down individual contributors instead of fostering their growth. Mistreatment and retaliation against employees who speak up is common.

Advice to Senior ManagementEat a piece of humble pie and be thankful that GM still exists. If it wasn't for the employees that work hard everyday, you would be on the street. Treat them with the respect they deserve.

Could be better for a new grad

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: jUST like the experience as a recent grad Cons: Need to clean up the politics inside the company No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Static

Assistant Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very dedicated staff, fantastic products, great flexibility in work life balance, bonuses… Cons: Still not obvious why some people are management. Promotions are help out like carrots but never… Advice to Senior Management: A lot of your employees would work harder if they saw their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!