There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

I'm very happy at my company

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst
Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst

I have been working at General Motors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership is focuse on making quality, safe and best vehicles in the market, by setting clear vision and value. I'm very convinced our cars and trucks are the best because everyone tries to do their best.

Cons

There really aren't anything I can point out that are negative about the company. Every company has a room for improvement, but we are all working to identify and make those improvements as we go.

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent Career for Intellectually Inclined People!

Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at General Motors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, challenging work tasks, learn something new everyday, usage of the latest and greatest technology set. Ability to drive a new car four times a year. Great benefits, even better 401K plan and very competitive salary/bonus structure. All the software development training one could ever ask for along with a hefty tuition reimbursement package!

Cons

Considering the sheer size of GM causes lags in getting things approved/accomplished. Lack of career direction. Warren Tech Centers looks as though we are in 1950's.

Advice to Management

Conceptualize a career planning road map for employees

Innovation couldn't be further from the truth! Georgia IT Innovation Center

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Roswell, GA

I have been working at General Motors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

8000 in tuition reimbursement. Salaries are on the higher end of the low-midpoint range.

Cons

Building is overcrowded. Not enough bathrooms, especially for women. Things are always broken and no one is in a rush to fix them. Trash is barely picked up. Bugs. No cafeteria. Prides itself on being a "start up environment", but does not understand the meaning of the phrase. They think that start up means that they don't have to provide any amenities to their employees. Working from home is frowned upon. If you want employees to be in the office everyday, you must provide normal amenities to them (coffee cups, stirrers, cafeteria, bathroom facilities, clean facilities, enough parking, etc.). Counterparts in Michigan do not listen - they just try to boss people around and blame others for their mistakes, instead of fixing them.

Advice to Management

Truly embrace the word innovation. Allow your talented employees to shine and bring new ideas to life in the company. Attrition is high, especially in the Georgia Innovation Center. They are being ran away by too much bureacracy, too many rules, too much focus on the appearance of work and not actually getting the work done, and too much expectation to do the jobs of multiple people without any appreciation or acknowledgement. Listen to the experts that you hired. We are not contractors, therefore, the expectation for us to work like the contractors who were there before without the hourly compensation they were receiving needs to end. There are several other employers in the Atlanta area who pay more and provide a much more satisfying work experience.