General Motors

www.gm.com
  www.gm.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

I'm very happy at my company

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst
Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst

I have been working at General Motors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership is focuse on making quality, safe and best vehicles in the market, by setting clear vision and value. I'm very convinced our cars and trucks are the best because everyone tries to do their best.

Cons

There really aren't anything I can point out that are negative about the company. Every company has a room for improvement, but we are all working to identify and make those improvements as we go.

982 Other Employee Reviews for General Motors (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at General Motors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly. You have an opportunity to be a part of a Fortune 7 company, but at the same time, you are building the IT function from the ground up with the in-sourcing plans in place. Austin is the greatest city.

Cons

It is a great city, but the traffic is terrible. Also, space is filling up fast in the building. Pretty soon it will be over-crowded. There are a lot of regulations to follow and be aware of, given the status of the company.

Great company morale and lively spirit. Still suffers from corporate politics at all levels.

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at General Motors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

GM has decent benefits, good training, and provides more holidays off then most fortune companies. I work with a lot of great fun people. Not a stressful environment; work-life balance is good.

Cons

The compensation is average - they offer use of corporate cars as compensation/benefits.

GM is slow to get anything done. Approval after approval after approval- meetings after meetings after meetings without actually getting somewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors