There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

General Motors Intern

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I have been working at General Motors as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The people that work here are awesome. As an intern, I never had the feeling of being unable to ask someone for help. People are busy but they are more than welcome to take some time to explain things. They will also take time out of their day to explain what their job is or what their function does. Depending on who you get for a supervisor/manager has a big impact on how your experience is.

Cons

General Motors is a slower moving company but that comes with size.

Use some of your influence to implement what your employees are suggesting. Also, do not put all your effort to reaching the short goals. Try to focus on implementing some of the suggestions from employees and meeting your goals will follow.

955 Other Employee Reviews for General Motors (View Most Recent)

Production assembly

I have been working at General Motors

Pros

Good team atmosphere, typically the supervisors work well with the employees. reasonably good benefits. Tuition assistance benefits. Reasonably secure paycheck. Small clothing allowance.

Cons

At times dangerous, exposure to chemical fumes from machining operations, can be noisy depending on where you are assigned. Lunch periods are short so you do not have time to go out for lunch and the cafeteria services are not very good.

Fun job and wide range of opportunities within your function

Former Employee - Assistant Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Communications Manager

I worked at General Motors full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits were good (including 18 paid holidays) with frequent raises, promotions or opportunities to move within the function, whether or not you have relevant experience. The jobs I had were always a lot of fun and I was friends with most of the people I worked with.

Cons

It was frustrating that they could take the same position and fill it with someone with a high level person with 20 years experience (and pay them for that) and then the next moment fill the same position with someone with hardly any experience at a much lower level and pay band. It doesn't make sense that level and compensation varys so much when the job description and requirements remain the same throughout.

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors