Opportunity

I have been working at General Motors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

General Motors is a multinational company with unlimited opportunities for people with the right attitude. The work I challenging and complex.

Cons

It is a company still in transition and transformation. The culture is archaic but it is changing. However, the size of the organization slows its ability to effect change throughout the company creating a disconnect between executive leadership and employees.

Other Employee Reviews for General Motors

like working for the GM in general

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Pontiac, MI

I have been working at General Motors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

*Great* people to work with, as an engineer, Good work/life balance, Compensation/Job security in general is better than competitors

Cons

Promotion opportunity is limited and does not go to the right person necessarily "Diversity" simply does not apply when it comes to promotion to executives

Fun job and wide range of opportunities within your function

Former Employee - Assistant Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Communications Manager

I worked at General Motors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits were good (including 18 paid holidays) with frequent raises, promotions or opportunities to move within the function, whether or not you have relevant experience. The jobs I had were always a lot of fun and I was friends with most of the people I worked with.

Cons

It was frustrating that they could take the same position and fill it with someone with a high level person with 20 years experience (and pay them for that) and then the next moment fill the same position with someone with hardly any experience at a much lower level and pay band. It doesn't make sense that level and compensation varys so much when the job description and requirements remain the same throughout.