There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

Very Good

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Scrum Master in Austin, TX

I have been working at General Motors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting changes and opportunities in IT organization

Cons

Complex corporate procedures and infrastructure are a challenge for accomplishing work quickly

947 Other Employee Reviews for General Motors (View Most Recent)

Hiring and firing culture! Grad students are being shaped to be monsters!

Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at General Motors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing! Great salaries and opportunities to own a GM vehicle (which I would never replace for my Mazda) but the perk is there if you want it. Profit sharing benefits are also great but good luck with these recalls. Good working hours.

Cons

Hiring lots of new kids and firing those who are a threat to lead, supervisors, and management. There is a culture of envy and those who came from Dell are ruining the Innovation Center. Too many meetings and people looking busy. Too many 'gatherings' after work and heaven forbid if you do not assist, they want to know why but I never told them. I take care of my disabled father and can't be socializing, drinking, and spending money after work hours. If you do not give them your personal life, there is a problem. If you go to Human Resources, they will not help you, they will either make you feel incompetent or worse off, they will fire you. As soon as I did not owe them my moving expenses, I ran from the company where I though I was going to grow and be proud of.

Supervise Austin. My other colleagues in Arizona and Georgia are happy. You will not make it with the hiring and firing all the time. Check your management credentials.

Amazing

Current Employee - GPSC in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - GPSC in Warren, MI

I have been working at General Motors as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere, the opportunity and the people

Cons

The IT group needs some much advancement but they are getting there

Keep continuing to challenge your employees, GM is a great place to if we want to continue to 'design, build, and sell the worlds best vehicles' continue to challenge us even more

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors