General Motors

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors

Design Cars and Trucks

Former Employee - Creative Designer in Warren, MI
Former Employee - Creative Designer in Warren, MI

I worked at General Motors full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Various Design Opportunities for each brand.

Cons

Excellent work-life balance, not overloaded but taking off sharp at 5pm

Keep it up.

978 Other Employee Reviews for General Motors (View Most Recent)

Hiring and firing culture! Grad students are being shaped to be monsters!

Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at General Motors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing! Great salaries and opportunities to own a GM vehicle (which I would never replace for my Mazda) but the perk is there if you want it. Profit sharing benefits are also great but good luck with these recalls. Good working hours.

Cons

Hiring lots of new kids and firing those who are a threat to lead, supervisors, and management. There is a culture of envy and those who came from Dell are ruining the Innovation Center. Too many meetings and people looking busy. Too many 'gatherings' after work and heaven forbid if you do not assist, they want to know why but I never told them. I take care of my disabled father and can't be socializing, drinking, and spending money after work hours. If you do not give them your personal life, there is a problem. If you go to Human Resources, they will not help you, they will either make you feel incompetent or worse off, they will fire you. As soon as I did not owe them my moving expenses, I ran from the company where I though I was going to grow and be proud of.

Supervise Austin. My other colleagues in Arizona and Georgia are happy. You will not make it with the hiring and firing all the time. Check your management credentials.

Big stupid poopy heads

I worked at General Motors

Pros

There's no place here for geniuses. Problem solvers are dreaded because their superiors feel inferior. There is a total lack of integrity and a severe shortage of intelligence.

Cons

There's plenty of opportunity for big stupid poopy heads. If you have a degree AND are a complete moron, you're set for life. When you screw up the taxpayer bails you out.

Keep rewarding incompetence: you'll run yourself into the ground soon.

There are newer employer reviews for General Motors