There are newer employer reviews for Generational Equity

Generational Equity Review

Former Employee - IT Contractor in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - IT Contractor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Generational Equity

Pros

Our small business was hired as a contractor to help Generational Equity with the move to their new and expanded corporate headquarters in the 7th floor of their building. They are very decisive and clear cut to work with. They also have very fair criteria for accepting milestones and pay invoices promptly.

Cons

They worked with a variety of contractors in this move and do draw solid lines in the responsibilities and jobs they award to each firm. This isn't a bad thing from a business management perspective. I bring it up as there were more areas we wanted to pitch and I feel we could have done a good job at but were limited to what they brought us in for.

Your prompt payment policies are much appreciated.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fantastic

Former Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Generational Equity

Pros

Fanciable, dedicated staff, amazing leaders, huge room for growth, not micromanaged, plenty of room to do what you do well.

Cons

not fantastic benefits, not enough quality control

I've never been so depressed at a job....

Former Employee - Sales Manager (Inside Sales) in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Manager (Inside Sales) in Dallas, TX

I worked at Generational Equity

Pros

You work 8-5 M-F. No Nights or weekends. If you enjoy making phone calls to business owners who usually do not want to be called, it will be the perfect job for you. The company's seminar is usually helpful to those who attend.

Cons

Your only function is to call on owners of small - medium size businesses and get them to come to a free seminar. Guess what! Giving something away for free is much harder than selling something! During my 5 months there, I did the math a few times. Roughly in a year there are a total of 6000 seats that need to be filled when you combine all the seminars per year with the average cap of attendees being 20. To fill those 6000 seats the company will make between 1.75 & 2.25 MILLION calls to business owners. Many times you are calling the same business owners who got called the last time the seminar was n their region and many days the business owners will get 1-3 calls from other inside sales managers from GE! At that point to say they have no interest in attending the free seminar is a understatement.

Stop relying on phone banks. Work trade shows and do more marketing to find the business owners who want to sell their business.

There are newer employer reviews for Generational Equity