Help Desk

Former Contractor - Help Desk in Kennett Square, PA
Former Contractor - Help Desk in Kennett Square, PA

I worked at Genesis Health System as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice to people and atmosphere to work in.

Cons

If you drive to work no place to park your car

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners look at Genesis last for employment

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Genesis Health System

Pros

The new CEO seems to be making an effort. I think he has been there 2 years. Most work atmospheres are positive. CEU opportunities through Genesis. My practice has very flexible physicians easy to work with. Most do not agree with the way I am treated by the Medical Management and Corporation.

Cons

Physician Assistants are not given contracts this was taken away from us several years ago. Let that be your first warning sign in the interview process. The industry standard for all mid level practitioners and physicians is to have a contract. Wages are frozen for PA's but not for physicians. Your job may be changed at anytime without warning. If a new physician comes into practice all new referrals are given to the physician, unless you are very verbal. Of course your income depends upon how much money you make for the practice. Directors of the Medical Group are very Doctor friendly don't expect to be part of the group, while reimbursement for CEU's etc continues to rise for this group it will not for us has not for years despite numerous efforts. Mindset is you can and will be replaced. Plenty of new graduates to take your place.

Advice to Management

More respect for the midlevels. Bring back the contract. Bring pay up to respectable levels. Take a long, hard look at the people you have over the Medical Staff. How about Genesis as a Magnet destination for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners? If safety and fiscal responsibility are important to you, this group should be very important to you. This group is the future of healthcare. They provide medical care to large portion of Genesis patients with good results. One day we may be taking care of you or one of your loved ones. Bring in the best to Genesis.

2. Billing Specialist

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Kennett Square, PA
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Kennett Square, PA

I have been working at Genesis Health System (Less than a year)

Pros

people are fantastic to work with. pay is decent. hours work well for single parents. family oriented company.

Cons

the computer sysyetms are wack, when you call to get something fixed it messes up something else. hiring on from an agency is crazy also.

Advice to Management

Need to give a review more often and reconize the ones who get the job done verses the ones who do almost nothing