Genesis Health System
www.genesishealth.com Davenport, IA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners look at Genesis last for employment

Physician Assistant (Current Employee)
Davenport, IA

I have been working at Genesis Health System

ProsThe new CEO seems to be making an effort. I think he has been there 2 years.
Most work atmospheres are positive. CEU opportunities through Genesis.
My practice has very flexible physicians easy to work with.
Most do not agree with the way I am treated by the Medical Management and Corporation.

ConsPhysician Assistants are not given contracts this was taken away from us several years ago. Let that be your first warning sign in the interview process. The industry standard for all mid level practitioners and physicians is to have a contract. Wages are frozen for PA's but not for physicians. Your job may be changed at anytime without warning. If a new physician comes into practice all new referrals are given to the physician, unless you are very verbal. Of course your income depends upon how much money you make for the practice. Directors of the Medical Group are very Doctor friendly don't expect to be part of the group, while reimbursement for CEU's etc continues to rise for this group it will not for us has not for years despite numerous efforts. Mindset is you can and will be replaced. Plenty of new graduates to take your place.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore respect for the midlevels. Bring back the contract. Bring pay up to respectable levels. Take a long, hard look at the people you have over the Medical Staff. How about Genesis as a Magnet destination for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners? If safety and fiscal responsibility are important to you, this group should be very important to you. This group is the future of healthcare. They provide medical care to large portion of Genesis patients with good results. One day we may be taking care of you or one of your loved ones. Bring in the best to Genesis.

Good

I have been working at Genesis Health System full-time

Pros: Patient Safety is number 1 Cons: none that I know of Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

First 10 years were okay. Last 5 not good, going downhill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Genesis Health System full-time

Pros: Good pay and great benefits.Paid time off very good.Work schedule… Cons: Management has no pharmacy experience. Physical working conditions bad.Lack of… Advice to Senior Management: Need to listen to the people that do the work everyday.They know what's going on and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Genesis Health System.

Worked for Genesis Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genesis Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genesis Health System CEO Douglas P. Cropper. All reviews posted anonymously by Genesis Health System employees.