Genesis Health System

www.genesishealth.com
  www.genesishealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis Health System

Genesis Medical Center is a highly progressive facility which cares for its patients and staff.

I worked at Genesis Health System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Genesis has great managers who care about employees and its patients. It strives to retain great physicians and gives services to those who are underserved. Many of its services are provided to those who cannot afford to pay.

Cons

Working sometimes eight days in a row was a bit much at times.

Please continue to trust your long-time employees. They have devoted years of service to the organization because they believe in the care provided. Employees are the heart of an organization.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis Health System (View Most Recent)

Help Desk

Former Employee - Help Desk in Kennett Square, PA
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Kennett Square, PA

I worked at Genesis Health System as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nice to people and atmosphere to work in.

Cons

If you drive to work no place to park your car

Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners look at Genesis last for employment

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Genesis Health System

Pros

The new CEO seems to be making an effort. I think he has been there 2 years.
    Most work atmospheres are positive. CEU opportunities through Genesis.
    My practice has very flexible physicians easy to work with.
    Most do not agree with the way I am treated by the Medical Management and Corporation.

Cons

Physician Assistants are not given contracts this was taken away from us several years ago. Let that be your first warning sign in the interview process. The industry standard for all mid level practitioners and physicians is to have a contract. Wages are frozen for PA's but not for physicians. Your job may be changed at anytime without warning. If a new physician comes into practice all new referrals are given to the physician, unless you are very verbal. Of course your income depends upon how much money you make for the practice. Directors of the Medical Group are very Doctor friendly don't expect to be part of the group, while reimbursement for CEU's etc continues to rise for this group it will not for us has not for years despite numerous efforts. Mindset is you can and will be replaced. Plenty of new graduates to take your place.

More respect for the midlevels. Bring back the contract. Bring pay up to respectable levels. Take a long, hard look at the people you have over the Medical Staff. How about Genesis as a Magnet destination for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners? If safety and fiscal responsibility are important to you, this group should be very important to you. This group is the future of healthcare. They provide medical care to large portion of Genesis patients with good results. One day we may be taking care of you or one of your loved ones. Bring in the best to Genesis.

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis Health System