There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Dissapointing

Current Employee - Therapist in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Therapist in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare

Pros

I've been for two years so it's a job for right now.

Cons

Salary is not competive, holidays were cut from six down to two.. Poor managment . No praise for job well done. NO mamager just 'Lead Vent Tech" Verylow moral. High turnover.

We need a manager...GET ONE who willl stand up to hospital administrration and allow him / her to direct the department. SUPPORT THE DEPARTTMENT.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

It's a job

Former Employee - CNA in Cape May, NJ
    Former Employee - CNA in Cape May, NJ

I worked at Genesis HealthCare

Pros

The facility is clean and staff is friendly

Cons

Facility is frequently understaffed and there is not much room for advancement as a CNA.

Good care for patients.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare

Pros

Good relationship with coworkers. Staff truely cares about the patients. Family go to Genesis for healthcare. Administration wants to be the chosen healthcare for the community. Staff supports each other to a point.

Cons

Daily challenge and stress everyday, all day! No chance for advancement unless you happen to be one of the "favorites" of management. Stress between shifts, because each feel that they work harder than the others. Only get three sick days per year, but we are expected to care for those that are sick. Pay could be better, raises could be better. Those staff that have written warnings do not get raises, dispite the fact that they pick up extra shifts, stay over when needed, and come in early. Some charge nurses are more concerned with what they are doing and not the rest of the staff, and show favortism to other staff members.

Senior nursing staff should come out of their offices and work the floor once in a while, so that they know what their staff is really going through. Management should consider not only the patients and the community when making decisions, but also their staff members. Because we are "customers" also. Many employees are leaving or looking for other areas of nursing, and management should ask themselves, why? Increase our pay, make us competitive not only with services offered but with other hospitals in reference to keeping employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare