Satisfactory

Current Employee - Certified Nurse's Assistant in North Hampton, NH
Current Employee - Certified Nurse's Assistant in North Hampton, NH

Pros

There are over 200 facilities scattered in the Northeast, if you want to change locations or there is a higher position opened at another facility, you can transfer, hassle free.

Cons

The chain of command is often unclear. Of the 4 facilities I've experienced with Genesis, all lack sufficient communication and employee recognition.

Advice to Management

The major issue I've seen between locations in NH- Harris Hill, Laconia Ctr, Mountain Ridge, and Oceanside Ctr is lack of communication. Genesis needs to implement a strategy to promote collaboration between all departments and encourage suggestions from nursing for operations management. Another element seriously lacking in Genesis facilities is psychological education. Most nurse's aides only develop intuition about the various mental conditions. More awareness about anxiety, sun downing, dementia, geriatric death depression and dementia is needed. I suggest a more collaborative workshop style for educating employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Now that I have graduated from college, I would love to get back on at Genesis Healthcare.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Pros

I worked with excellent people. They gave us a great benefit package, as well as really great community benefits and discounts.

Cons

It took awhile to receive market value wages and cost of living increases. With the economy still unstable, pay is a motivator.

Advice to Management

Genesis seems to be undergoing many changes. However, it seems that these changes are not described completely to the employees making the changes harder to understand, except and support.

A Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy Krueger.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I had weekends weekends off

Cons

Management team is messy, it's a revolving door.

Advice to Management

horrible