Genesis HealthCare

www.genesishcc.com

Satisfactory

Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) North Hampton, NH

ProsThere are over 200 facilities scattered in the Northeast, if you want to change locations or there is a higher position opened at another facility, you can transfer, hassle free.

ConsThe chain of command is often unclear. Of the 4 facilities I've experienced with Genesis, all lack sufficient communication and employee recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe major issue I've seen between locations in NH- Harris Hill, Laconia Ctr, Mountain Ridge, and Oceanside Ctr is lack of communication. Genesis needs to implement a strategy to promote collaboration between all departments and encourage suggestions from nursing for operations management.
Another element seriously lacking in Genesis facilities is psychological education. Most nurse's aides only develop intuition about the various mental conditions. More awareness about anxiety, sun downing, dementia, geriatric death depression and dementia is needed.
I suggest a more collaborative workshop style for educating employees.

Dissapointing

Therapist (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare

Pros: I've been for two years so it's a job for… Cons: Salary is not competive, holidays were cut from six down to two.. Poor managment .… Advice to Senior Management: We need a manager...GET ONE who willl stand up to hospital… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Now that I have graduated from college, I would love to get back on at Genesis Healthcare.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Davenport, IA

I worked at Genesis HealthCare

Pros: I worked with excellent people. They gave us a great… Cons: It took awhile to receive market value wages and cost of… Advice to Senior Management: Genesis seems to be undergoing many changes. However, it seems that these changes are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Genesis HealthCare.

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!