There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

WAS a great facility, now...

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Hatboro, PA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hatboro, PA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

The co-workers who have stuck with the company are wonderful, most of them being LPN's... too bad the managements attitude towards them is "Your lucky to have a job" because they know they could have difficulty finding a job. Alot of those LPN's hold that place up. Twelve hour shifts are wonderful, I love having more days off. Most staff really do care about their job.

Cons

The main focus is the BUDGET, not the patients or staff... ALL about the budget; it's as if there is this agenda to try impress cooperate with how efficient they are. "You have to take lunch break, even if you don't take it we will not pay you for it" is what we are told. Never is there a THANK YOU for working short staffed. Con is having management take every dollar they can from you (Via injury due to workplace not being safe, vacation time, holiday pay)... ANY cent they can take off you they will. We will be forced to work short SEVERAL staff because they refuse to pay ANYONE a minute of overtime... being short staffed as we are ALOT of times is NOT SAFE, and they would laugh at us if we mentioned AGENCY. There is NO incentive to come work on your days off if they are short, because we all know if its a minute overtime they will just randomly cut 4 hours off one shift, 4 off another (Not hours you pick to be cut). There is just NO employee appreciation there, NONE at all.

Appreciate your employees more. Show your face more, don't just sit in your offices all day. I can't even tell you what our administrator looks like. Go on the floor and actually witness what goes on... we are overworked, it's a TOUGH job we do for very little appreciation.

247 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

A great place to gain experience in the sub acute rehab setting

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Sanatoga, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sanatoga, PA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling, good pay rate, possibilities for overtime, fast paced atmosphere

Cons

High patient to nurse ratios, high staff turnover, not always fully staffed

Add another nurse to the floor and watch patient and nurse satisfaction go through the roof.

Open your eyes and Never Join this company

Former Employee - Rehab Tech  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Rehab Tech in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Co-workers and good facility.

Cons

I dont know where to start, Looks like the CEO of the company is blind and cant see anything except green money. Area director and program managers are corrupt and disgusting. No idea about anything going on, Only push therapist to get minutes. Money Money Money- Interested in hiring dumb new grad- grads agree to take job to pay for their tutions and get stuck there. HR department works for Program managers. Eventually they will be reported to medicare fraud. offices are dirty and no resources. Managers are cheap wont even buy a coffee or contribute to monthly parties. Managers so cheap that they bring their dogs to work. Managers plays on their iphone and disrespective if you confront them. area managers kiss the ass of managers and becomes deaf if you complain. IN SHORT PLEASE DONT JOIN THIS COMPANY

BLIND PEOPLE AND DUMB PEOPLE OPEN YOUR EYES AND SMELL THE FRAUD.

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!