There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

WAS a great facility, now...

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hatboro, PA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hatboro, PA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

The co-workers who have stuck with the company are wonderful, most of them being LPN's... too bad the managements attitude towards them is "Your lucky to have a job" because they know they could have difficulty finding a job. Alot of those LPN's hold that place up. Twelve hour shifts are wonderful, I love having more days off. Most staff really do care about their job.

Cons

The main focus is the BUDGET, not the patients or staff... ALL about the budget; it's as if there is this agenda to try impress cooperate with how efficient they are. "You have to take lunch break, even if you don't take it we will not pay you for it" is what we are told. Never is there a THANK YOU for working short staffed. Con is having management take every dollar they can from you (Via injury due to workplace not being safe, vacation time, holiday pay)... ANY cent they can take off you they will. We will be forced to work short SEVERAL staff because they refuse to pay ANYONE a minute of overtime... being short staffed as we are ALOT of times is NOT SAFE, and they would laugh at us if we mentioned AGENCY. There is NO incentive to come work on your days off if they are short, because we all know if its a minute overtime they will just randomly cut 4 hours off one shift, 4 off another (Not hours you pick to be cut). There is just NO employee appreciation there, NONE at all.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees more. Show your face more, don't just sit in your offices all day. I can't even tell you what our administrator looks like. Go on the floor and actually witness what goes on... we are overworked, it's a TOUGH job we do for very little appreciation.

reviews filtered by

A great place to gain experience in the sub acute rehab setting

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sanatoga, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sanatoga, PA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, good pay rate, possibilities for overtime, fast paced atmosphere

Cons

High patient to nurse ratios, high staff turnover, not always fully staffed

Advice to Management

Add another nurse to the floor and watch patient and nurse satisfaction go through the roof.

Genesis Healthcare is one of the leading employers for rehab therapists in RI

Current Contractor - Physical Therapist Assistant in Coventry, RI
    Current Contractor - Physical Therapist Assistant in Coventry, RI

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Genesis Healthcare has taken over RI

Cons

Only prn work available at this time. Looking forward to a full time position.