Genesis HealthCare

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Good job security

Current Employee - LNA in Franklin, NH
Current Employee - LNA in Franklin, NH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

large company with easily possiblility to transfer from one facility to another

Cons

Very low yearly pay raise

293 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Greedy, Unprofessional, Unrealistic, Uncaring

Current Employee - PTA in Maine, ME
    Current Employee - PTA in Maine, ME

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, pay, therapy team who stick together due to being in the same boat, more choices for places to work.

Cons

Productivity!!! Pt care not as important as $$$. I was expected to cover other facilities sometimes an hour to 2 hours from my home. I hated the I touch for documentation and picking up Pts for caseload knowing they could not benefit from the service . Managers fake concern about problems and you always feel like you are expendable and will be dropped at any second at their whim. I am looking for a smaller company with possible less pay but more concern with therapist and their patients.

Spend a week in our shoes trying to keep up with your expectations and remember who is making you your money.

license risk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NC

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

If you can carve out a nano-second to actually talk to residents you will enjoy them. Some of the management level staff is supportive and willing to lend a hand but they are often as frustrated as the staff on the carts or floor. This leads to a very high turnover rate.

Cons

Nurses usually have more patient care than they can possibly accomplish in the time you are given yet you are " in trouble" if you work overtime for your shift .Some nurses seem to be solving this problem by signing for work not done. If you try to do things the right way you will be resented by those taking shortcuts. Just try telling one that you will not take a controlled substance that has been taped back into a card. I hate to write this review that might leave the residents with even less care but feel that something needs to be done as the current residents are at risk, High turnover with the DON position might make the management take a look at what is happening.

You keep losing nurses because they feel they are unable to do a good job with the amount of work that is required. Good nurses like to feel that they are doing a good job. You need to higher more nurses and give them less residents to care for. Mandatory overtime/double shifts is risky to residents and no way to staff a facility. I stayed long enough to give Genesis and the new DON time to change things but was disappointed in their efforts.

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare