There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Enjoy working for this company

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare part-time

Pros

I work in a Skilled Nursing facility as a Registered Nurse. The rest of my co-workers are friendly and work hard: always willing to lend a helping hand and lend support when needed. Most of the management is approachable and open to hearing concerns as well as readily available with advice or to lend a hand when necessary. I started as Casual Float Pool and then Part Time but I have never had a week where I did not work at least 36 hours a week. I never have trouble picking up extra time and the scheduler freely comes to me to fill in when needed.

Cons

Some of the management in my facility is not approachable. At times they can be rude and dismissive. Luckily this is not the case for the direct unit managers and supervisors at my location.

I hope that Upper Management does indeed see this, as I love working for the company and have some suggestions for improvement as well.

In the past there were monetary incentives for employees to pick up extra, unfilled shifts. Not a whole lot, but it was something. There were also monetary incentives to clock in at exactly the scheduled time, as opposed to clocking in within the 7 minute window before you are considered late. These were both fantastic perks.

Recently I read about the 100 best healthcare companies to work for and one of the main factors was employee satisfaction. One of my local hospitals offers the following benefits to their nursing staff (and all employees I believe):
-Free health insurance to full-time employees – Part-time employees who qualify can purchase coverage. This kind of comprehensive health coverage is rare nationwide.

-Generous paid time off (PTO) to all employees – Depending on length of service, we offer between 112 and 288 hours of PTO per year.

-Culture of Wellness benefit that provides eligible employees and their dependents $700 to use as they see fit for exercise, fitness, weight-loss and wellness programs, massage therapy and more

-Rewards for success – Using a merit-based increase program that rewards personal contribution, employee compensation is tied to the organization’s performance. Our Shared ---

-Success Plan pays a cash bonus to eligible employees when patient satisfaction, financial and employee wellness goals are achieved.

In addition another local hospital also sponsors or subsidies fitness and wellness classes for their employees.

All of these things will not only benefit the employee but also the company.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Casual employee with great flexibility but increasing expectations

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, very talented and caring therapists

Cons

Cost cutting and increased productivity demands . Casual employees are not included in or invited to any training or continuing ed

Spend a little more time to show casual staff they are valued by offering some inservice training .

Good place to work

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Fair Lawn, NJ

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company invests in education

Cons

It is focus on profit

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare