There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Way too many expectations without enough staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some very nice people to work with. Good education on State regulations and continuing education.

Cons

Need more staffing. . Poor health benefits. Coddle long term employees.

Make sure all employees held up to same standards. Stop making excuses for èmployees who are not doing their part. Stop Belittling and making fun of employees when they are not present. Needs to be more professional.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

PTA for 14 years, worked for Genesis for one year and had been trying to get on with this company for awhile.

Current Employee - PTA in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - PTA in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible with time off and scheduling. Good team players (but there is always that one...), great pay and above average benefits. They are the most patient first oriented rehab company I've ever worked for in 14 years. Documentation is excellent and completed on Itouch. Assistants at my facility do not do the progress notes, only the daily notes...of course this is not a pro for the PTs or the OTs.

Cons

There is no process of weeding out people who waste time and have low productivity. By weeding out I mean writing up an employee if he or she gets less that 30% below expected productivity. It is really easy where I work to get your expected productivity, and generally there are a few others that waste a lot of time with personal calls and chit chat which makes it harder for the rest of the team.

Keep track of all your employees...offer bonuses to those who excel as therapists as well as those who excel in their productivity. Incentives as well as criticism.

Transitioned to Genesis...not by choice.

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large company = Lower benefit cost; Provided CEU's for free; Provided pretty good education regarding medicare changes and how to cope.

Cons

Productivity requirements are rather high and they monitor them on a DAILY basis so you better be able to explain where you are at every minute of the day and why your productivity does not meet expectations if that is the case. They want you to pick up every patient that you evaluate even if it is inappropriate and you are duplicating services. Medicare needs to go in and blow the lid off this money hungry corporation.

Stop treating therapists like we are grocery store clerks.... We are as productive as possible. Sometimes things happen outside of our control and we don't need to be lectured daily on how to be more productive. Most of us have a Master's degree and can figure a few things out for ourselves. We are ethical people and will do what we feel in appropriate...thank you very much.

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare