There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Enlightening, fulfilling and a joy

Current Employee - Activities Assistant in Middletown, RI
Current Employee - Activities Assistant in Middletown, RI

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

To communicate better and show more respect and care for the value of their employees

Cons

Pay is not conducive for the work employees do and and no respect for employees private life and plans they make on days off

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff and respect their opinions

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

#1 in healthcare...last in employee satisfaction

Current Employee - Mid Level Management
    Current Employee - Mid Level Management

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits for Genesis are competitive, although I must say their marketing strategies are great.

Cons

Genesis only cares about the bottom line. They are not in sync with the needs of their employees. Poor working conditions, old equipment, and no upward communication to management.

Advice to Management

Provide employees more resources to get the job done, and truly have an open door policy.

My company was bought out by Genesis, it's been a struggle to care for my residents ever since.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Still waiting to see if there are any pros to working for this company. They state their employees must live up to and abide by their "promises" but I have personally seen these "promises" broken over and over by front line staff as well as upper and regional management members.

Cons

This company has so much middle management it is impossible to keep straight who does what. Even the upper management can't give you a straight answer on who does what and more importantly, why it's done. They seem to be more worried about sending, reading and then doing nothing with all the daily reports that must be generated than they do about their employees and residents. The facilities are micromanaged by "the people in the sky" as we call them because we never see these people and have no idea who it is that make all the decisions. The residents seem to be "forgotten" with this company. The food, linen, and medical equipment budgets has been cut since Genesis took over, yet they have no problem flying management members in and paying for overnight accommodations for a 5 hour meeting. I definitely would not place one of my family members or friends into one of their facilities.

Advice to Management

Your "cookie cutter" methods are old and outdated. Each facility has a unique clientele and personality. Try listening to the employees in the buildings instead worrying so much about getting your reports that nothing is done with. Your "promises" are obviously empty words since no one, including you follows them.