Transition Year

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at a legacy SunBridge building that Genesis bought out in December 2012 and have also helped in additional facilities, so I have seen great buildings and terrible buildings. There are at least a few people in each building that really know how to get things done. Once you get to know your co-workers, they are really great people in each of the buildings. Of course there are the duds too that got their license in the bottom of a cracker jack box... Management at my main building has great ideas about how things should be run and are accountable for actions taken. Rehab team is great. Pay is pretty good, but the benefits could be better. I've never had a problem with getting time off approved.

Cons

All that being said, management never follows through on their great ideas. Things that need to be done are usually through good CNA and nursing work, but none of those people are ever in our meetings. Upper management seems blind to your problems and are not concerned with individualizing buildings. It can get overwhelming and it seems like they fire someone every other week. "My way or the highway" mentality.

Advice to Management

Try to individualize your buildings! Not every one is the same.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Go here only If you are truly desperate for a job as the turnover rate is high and they are always hiring

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are always hiring. Conveniently located. Decent amount of rehab equipment. Plenty of parking.

Cons

From a rehab perspective they are only interested in minute by minute accountability. Staff are pushed to the max and completely stressed out. Poorly organized and NO, you're ideas and opinions are NOT valued. All doc is done point of service with malfunctioning itouches and no tech support. Computers are antiquated with login times upwards of 20-30 minutes, yet they expect 90+% productivity. The place frequently smells of urine and many patients sit in wet diapers all day. I've yet to see one happy employee.

Advice to Management

They aren't looking for advice from employees.

Stay away from this company, treatment of professional therapy employees in Atlanta is horrible.

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

Not one thing comes to mind that would put it above other healthcare providers.

Cons

Lousy treatment of Licensed Professionals, who by the way are revenue generators for the company. Zero support from the area manager who misses appointments, fails to show up for interviews and is a complete liability for upper management. Forget about the fringe benefit of vacation. They give it to you (rather you earn it), but are lucky if they ever let you use it. The company information systems for documentation does not work and there is NO support from IT staff.