There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Opportunities for growth for those who want it.

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

I have been working with Genesis since 2005, in different roles; all of which have allowed me to grow personally and professionally. I truly recommend this company in their career choice.

Cons

If you are truly committed to the healthcare setting and work hard there really are not any con's. the health insurance benefits have declined over the last few years.

I would just have to say, the health insurance could better. Also, the tuition assistance program has not been available for quite some time now, and to have that assistance the for employees to use will make them more valuable in the long run.

251 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Transition Year

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at a legacy SunBridge building that Genesis bought out in December 2012 and have also helped in additional facilities, so I have seen great buildings and terrible buildings. There are at least a few people in each building that really know how to get things done. Once you get to know your co-workers, they are really great people in each of the buildings. Of course there are the duds too that got their license in the bottom of a cracker jack box... Management at my main building has great ideas about how things should be run and are accountable for actions taken. Rehab team is great. Pay is pretty good, but the benefits could be better. I've never had a problem with getting time off approved.

Cons

All that being said, management never follows through on their great ideas. Things that need to be done are usually through good CNA and nursing work, but none of those people are ever in our meetings. Upper management seems blind to your problems and are not concerned with individualizing buildings. It can get overwhelming and it seems like they fire someone every other week. "My way or the highway" mentality.

Try to individualize your buildings! Not every one is the same.

Open up to things that are said behind the seens. This could be a better place to work if not for some upper management

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Caring for our residents. Having friendly relationships with the residents,just talking and listening to them

Cons

the myway or the highway mentality

You have some brillant co-workers/staff, someone should just listen to them sometimes

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!