Genesis HealthCare

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Good potential to advance

Former Employee - OTR
Former Employee - OTR

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

AOTA friendly, good educational opportunities, flexibility & good compensation and benefits. Reasonable productivity standards. Good opportunities for advancement. Greater job security when employed by an owner operator versus working for a contract company. Although Genesis has both owner operator and contract work, I was employed at a Genesis operator building.

Cons

Computer software needs some work, time consuming when dealing with tech support.

Improve software for documentation and increase number of computers and laptops or for evals.

293 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Transition Year

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working at a legacy SunBridge building that Genesis bought out in December 2012 and have also helped in additional facilities, so I have seen great buildings and terrible buildings. There are at least a few people in each building that really know how to get things done. Once you get to know your co-workers, they are really great people in each of the buildings. Of course there are the duds too that got their license in the bottom of a cracker jack box... Management at my main building has great ideas about how things should be run and are accountable for actions taken. Rehab team is great. Pay is pretty good, but the benefits could be better. I've never had a problem with getting time off approved.

Cons

All that being said, management never follows through on their great ideas. Things that need to be done are usually through good CNA and nursing work, but none of those people are ever in our meetings. Upper management seems blind to your problems and are not concerned with individualizing buildings. It can get overwhelming and it seems like they fire someone every other week. "My way or the highway" mentality.

Try to individualize your buildings! Not every one is the same.

Open up to things that are said behind the seens. This could be a better place to work if not for some upper management

Current Employee - Supervisor in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Caring for our residents. Having friendly relationships with the residents,just talking and listening to them

Cons

the myway or the highway mentality

You have some brillant co-workers/staff, someone should just listen to them sometimes

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare