Genesis cares only of their "bottom line". Please read!

Former Employee - Physical Therapist  in  Media, PA
Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Media, PA

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ninety five percent of the staff and 1/2 the managers that I worked with were skilled, honest and good people.

Cons

Genesis had lost the contract for the facility I was currently working and I was to be laid off, we had 2 months lead time before the new company stepped in. I had earned quite a bit of paid time off, as I prefer to take it all off in the fall. One would think the company would let their staff take their time off or pay out for the time, NOT Genesis. They refused to allow me to either take the time off OR pay out, even refused 50% pay out. There was more than adequate coverage available for my position, so patient care was not an issue. Essentially they stole $2,950 from me. I had worked for Genesis for over 10 years and this is what they do?
Genesis' computer system, either the servers, computers or ROX are very slow, your patient care quality will suffer as you spend 45 minutes doing point of service progress notes and/or recerts.
I can't rate career opportunities as I only wanted to be a staff PT. Work/life balance also unrateable due to being paid per hour, although if I were salary, they would load me up.

What goes around will come around. Poor reviews will hinder staff from signing on to your company.

Other Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Profit-driven, calculating, manipulative, shitty treatment of therapists from consulate

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time

Pros

it's a job - take it if you have no choice

Cons

After they took over Consulate they reduced therapists hours and added assistants even if the current ratio was enough to maintain a good productivity. Too many middle managers come to evaluate therapists documentations without regard for the fact that we are all professionals and actually pass the boards and have licenses. Cold, calculating no human touch at all. Will take your job just because their program Navigator dictates ways to maximize profit. Hypocrites because they pretend that they are all about patient care and quality of treatment. When you are replacing registered therapists with bachelors/masters/doctorates for assistants with less than 2 years of training and who can't observe even basic ortho precautions ( I know - I was a clinical supervisory for PTAs for
    years), you are putting your patients at risks for profit. That' what Genesis is really all about - MONEY!

If you really want to maximize profit you should cut down on non productive staff like middle managers who's only justification for existing is to criticize productive people like your therapists. Rethink over utilization of assistants.

Only as a last resort!!!!

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only that Coworkers are amazing and that is the only reason I have stayed after 15 years in the industry.

Cons

Little respect for therapist from managers and upper management. "Good ole boy" system. Sends therapist up to 2 hours drive time to work 4 hours. Favoritism prevelant throughout company. Benefits are next to nothing. 2 paid holidays only, cut hours then expect you to work weekends to get those hours. Look at Genesis only as your final choice in companies regardless of the facility. The facility is not who you a working for

Treat employees with respect to earn that respect. You wouldn't have your job if not for the worker bees!

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare.

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!