There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Genesis cares only of their "bottom line". Please read!

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Media, PA
Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Media, PA

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ninety five percent of the staff and 1/2 the managers that I worked with were skilled, honest and good people.

Cons

Genesis had lost the contract for the facility I was currently working and I was to be laid off, we had 2 months lead time before the new company stepped in. I had earned quite a bit of paid time off, as I prefer to take it all off in the fall. One would think the company would let their staff take their time off or pay out for the time, NOT Genesis. They refused to allow me to either take the time off OR pay out, even refused 50% pay out. There was more than adequate coverage available for my position, so patient care was not an issue. Essentially they stole $2,950 from me. I had worked for Genesis for over 10 years and this is what they do?
Genesis' computer system, either the servers, computers or ROX are very slow, your patient care quality will suffer as you spend 45 minutes doing point of service progress notes and/or recerts.
I can't rate career opportunities as I only wanted to be a staff PT. Work/life balance also unrateable due to being paid per hour, although if I were salary, they would load me up.

Advice to Management

What goes around will come around. Poor reviews will hinder staff from signing on to your company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. nice to work for

Current Contractor - OTR in Reseda, CA
    Current Contractor - OTR in Reseda, CA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare as a contractor

Pros

They seek to hire quality people.

Cons

It is quite difficult to get h.r. people to call you back. The process for connecting with other departments such as searching within the company for positions is not easy, people do not call you back.

Advice to Management

Please be more responsive with getting back to people when they call

Only as a last resort!!!!

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only that Coworkers are amazing and that is the only reason I have stayed after 15 years in the industry.

Cons

Little respect for therapist from managers and upper management. "Good ole boy" system. Sends therapist up to 2 hours drive time to work 4 hours. Favoritism prevelant throughout company. Benefits are next to nothing. 2 paid holidays only, cut hours then expect you to work weekends to get those hours. Look at Genesis only as your final choice in companies regardless of the facility. The facility is not who you a working for

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect to earn that respect. You wouldn't have your job if not for the worker bees!