There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

I have had an excellent experience with Genesis Healthcare in the 9 years of service with them.

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Salisbury, MD
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Administration is always available and attentive. They really listen to their staff. If they are unable to answer your questions they will get back to you in a timely manner with the answer. They seem to really care about their staff.

Cons

I don't agree with some of the policies regarding attendance. They lump lateness of one minute for example with absences for sick children or employees.

Look at each person's lateness or attendance as an individual and decide on corrective action individually. Every situation is not the same.

247 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Disappointed in the unfair treatment of staff by senior management.

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company pays competitive salaries.

Cons

Poor management. Company claims that employees are their main concern but they do not follow labor codes for final payout when employment is terminated. I know of 3 instances within one year where the company owed waiting time penalties for late payment of wages due according to the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement. I wonder just how many other employees didn't realize they were short paid for accrued vacation hours. There needs to be a nationwide audit done. The problem us that the company is really only concerned with their bottom line and not patient care or the employees.

Upper management needs to pay more attention to middle management and not allow them to abuse their power as center administrators. The company grew too fast and has lost control.

Make your own choice

Current Employee - PTA
    Current Employee - PTA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some caring therapists. Good patients. Nice facilities . Average pay

Cons

Management picks favorites. Asking therapist to go home so therapists from other building can get hours. Computers take 15 to 20 minutes to log on if you in the system. Cookie cutter treatments with high minutes required from patients that do not want therapy. Other therapists grouping patients not billing it. Constant call offs. Forced to drive over hour to other facilities with no paper work ready but you have to still have your 90% productivity. Stop continued ed. Medicare needs to look at this company fast. accident waiting to happen with new grads

Wise up ,you can say that no paperwork is to be done at lunch, but you know people are working off the clock because of how slow system is and the high productivity .

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Worked for Genesis HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!