Genesis HealthCare

www.genesishcc.com
  www.genesishcc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

a lot of work for ok pay

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in West Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Dietary Aide in West Hartford, CT

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

free meals, nice co workers

Cons

poor managment , little room to grow

293 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Okay if you're a new grad

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Agawam, MA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Agawam, MA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Genesis hired me as a new grad when every other facility wanted experience, and I have learned a lot working on an acute care unit. My co-workers are (usually) great and always willing to help out. Paid holidays a big plus. LOTS of overtime.

Cons

Management is unprofessional and rude. They will talk down to you in front of other employees or talk about a private issue in front of other employees. There is a dollar differential for working third shift (not enough to be completely miserable in my opinion). They make promises about getting you a different shift so that you will not leave.

There is no tuition reimbursement, at least at my facility. The policy about having to make up a weekend if you call out sick is absurd. I understand it is hard to find people to cover on the weekends, but you cannot help when you are truly sick.

There is a lot of favoritism, and it shows.

Overall, I am looking for other jobs because there has been a large turnover lately due to management and the way that they treat employees.

Value your employees. Our jobs are very difficult and we do not get enough support from management.

to much oversight no action cheap wont fix things, runs out of supplies, expected to work off the clock, short staffed,

Former Employee - Dsd/Lvn/Medical Records in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Dsd/Lvn/Medical Records in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

had a good administrator ANN BUTLER, she died hell they were going to fire her

Cons

what they say is not what they mean profit first, they cannot be trusted, way to many games personnel attacks, don't get cancer they ask you to resign its about money and personal games. they expect you to be on call 24-7 without compensation or thank you! they treat DONS like dirt that's being nice

look in the mirror and say stupid three times. your people make you, your facility represent you, the food you prepare shows your caring, the care you give should show the love of your resposibilty!

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare