There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare

I've been with Genesis almost 2 years and I'm still happy since I wrote my first review.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS
Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Prairie Village, Johnson, KS

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with; flexibility; good pay

Cons

the usual cons working for a medicare focused rehab company

Advice to Management

some positive comments to us when we are doing well would be nice.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

FORMER CLINICAL EMPLOYEE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very structured, there is no question about what you need to be doing. There is a wealth of excellent web-based information that is accessible while employed there. Free in-services to earn continuing education credits are great.

Cons

The company is OVER-structured, there is minimal room for thinking for yourself as you have to do everything their way. As a clinician, this is frustrating, because everything isn't black and white. Financial restraints limit staff from providing proper care and obtaining the necessary resources to do so. Corporate micromanages and uses intimidation tactics which create an uncomfortable, tense work environment.

Advice to Management

Micromanaging and intimidating employees does not make them want to stay at Genesis.

Horrible Company!!!!!

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Falmouth, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Falmouth, MA

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff, most of whom were at this facility BEFORE Genesis swept in, and all of whom do the best they can DESPITE administration,management, and corporate!!!!

Cons

Genesis has recently sold and closed their Falmouth Mass facility. They have NOT been forthright or honest to employees or residents, and worse, to families of the residents. They Knew when the facility was bought that the physical aspects left much to be desired but they did NOTHING to repair or update anything and required only ONE maintenance person to keep up with all the problems. Now their Mashpee facility is in turmoil and once again Genesis is NOT being forthright! Everybody concerned is aware that this facility has ALSO been sold. Low staffing quota, inadequate available supplies, poor equipment and physical issues are not being addressed and management continues to assure stars, residents and families of residents that things will get better!! In a "nutshell" there are sooooo many cons about Genesis it would be impossible to list them!!

Advice to Management

TRY listening to employees' concerns, truly consider the needs of the residents and attempt to make the facility to be proud of!