Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

www.genesishcs.org
  www.genesishcs.org
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Horrible place to work!!!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are very many smart compassionate employees who really care about the patients. I work with many nice and caring people.

Cons

I would advise anyone to say away from this place! The insurance is very expensive and covers very little. Of course you must use their Hospital and doctors. The medical staff is sub par, but treated as royalty. The Hospital is old, dirty and the equipment is very outdated. They time off policy is a joke. They don't even offer bereavement, you have to use your vacation. You can't even use the time off policy because they are so understaffed.You are constantly expected to stay many hours over your shift with no extra compensation. I do have a family and struggle to find a sitter who will watch my children 16 hours a day. Can't afford an in home nanny. I don't work in management.
There is little communication from management .Policies are interpreted at the discretion of each department manager always to their benefit. Don't ever question a doctor, even if the outcome could be bad for the patient you will be fired. Employees are to bow down to every physcian because they bring in revenue. It's all about the mighty dollar. The new CEO has cut benefits and raises so he can make a name for himself by building a new hospital. Management knows they don't have to treat you fairly because there are many nursing schools in the area, and plenty of new grads to take your job if you quit or get fired. The morale is so low and everyone is constantly complaining. With the tight job market they have no choice. No compassion for employees or patients. Management doesn't know how to manage finances. Poorly run and always in the red. I would not go there for medical treatment of any kind even though I work there.

Treat your employees as human beings! If you build a new facility at the expense of your employees you have built nothing. Your employees make it what it is.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) (View Most Recent)

Family away from family, Even though I do not work directly w/ patients, my compassion is shown from within the kichen.

Current Employee - Food Service Associate in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Food Service Associate in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

Genesis offers alot of benefits, you earn PTO(Paid Time Off) that you can use for persnal use or have doc app.. You feel like you belong like the managements really values your abilities and accomplishments Also you can chose between 3 medical plans that best suits your needs. We live the Genesis mission and are proud to be chosen as one ogf the Top 100 hospitals. we have acheived alot.

Cons

Sometimes you may not get a day off for a week or more.

I think that the management offers more feedback to their employees now than in years passed. Every milestone we develope or accomplish the management is having open forums, putting info in the connections. I am proud of what you all have accomplished.

If you are in the middle you are ok...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

-For the area pay is good as long as you are salary (buy only option in the area)
    -Medical coverage is good, as long as you use Genesis docs, hospital, and pharmacy

Cons

-If you work on a unit, expect to get stepped on often
    -Once you accept that all doctors are god, even when they throw a chair across a room, then you will be fine
    -If you stand up to a doctor, even when they are wrong, you will be fired
    -Time off is a joke, first year is less that 14 days for sick, personal, all holiday, and vacation (even less if you are not full time). If you are a part time hourly employee you will earn about one shift off per 2 months (4 pays)
    -Management and team work is NOT encouraged...
    -Unless you have to work here, goto Newark (Licking memorial is wonderful) or Columbus

Management needs to get their nose out of their blackberries (playing games, reading news, sending inappropriate emails), and pay attention to the company. Genesis needs to leave the good ol boys club of south eastern ohio

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)