Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

www.genesishcs.org

Horrible place to work!!!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Zanesville, OH

ProsThere are very many smart compassionate employees who really care about the patients. I work with many nice and caring people.

ConsI would advise anyone to say away from this place! The insurance is very expensive and covers very little. Of course you must use their Hospital and doctors. The medical staff is sub par, but treated as royalty. The Hospital is old, dirty and the equipment is very outdated. They time off policy is a joke. They don't even offer bereavement, you have to use your vacation. You can't even use the time off policy because they are so understaffed.You are constantly expected to stay many hours over your shift with no extra compensation. I do have a family and struggle to find a sitter who will watch my children 16 hours a day. Can't afford an in home nanny. I don't work in management.
There is little communication from management .Policies are interpreted at the discretion of each department manager always to their benefit. Don't ever question a doctor, even if the outcome could be bad for the patient you will be fired. Employees are to bow down to every physcian because they bring in revenue. It's all about the mighty dollar. The new CEO has cut benefits and raises so he can make a name for himself by building a new hospital. Management knows they don't have to treat you fairly because there are many nursing schools in the area, and plenty of new grads to take your job if you quit or get fired. The morale is so low and everyone is constantly complaining. With the tight job market they have no choice. No compassion for employees or patients. Management doesn't know how to manage finances. Poorly run and always in the red. I would not go there for medical treatment of any kind even though I work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as human beings! If you build a new facility at the expense of your employees you have built nothing. Your employees make it what it is.

Family away from family, Even though I do not work directly w/ patients, my compassion is shown from within the kichen.

Food Service Associate (Current Employee) Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros: Genesis offers alot of benefits, you earn PTO(Paid Time Off) that you can use for persnal use or have doc app.. You feel like you… Cons: Sometimes you may not get a day off for a… Advice to Senior Management: I think that the management offers more feedback to their employees now than in years passed. Every milestone we develope or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you are in the middle you are ok...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros: -For the area pay is good as long as you are salary (buy only option… Cons: -If you work on a unit, expect to get stepped on often -Once you accept that all doctors are god, even when they throw a chair… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to get their nose out of their blackberries (playing games, reading news, sending inappropriate emails), and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Genesis HealthCare System (ohio).

Worked for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)? Contribute to the Community!