Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

www.genesishcs.org
There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

If you are in the middle you are ok...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

-For the area pay is good as long as you are salary (buy only option in the area)
-Medical coverage is good, as long as you use Genesis docs, hospital, and pharmacy

Cons

-If you work on a unit, expect to get stepped on often
-Once you accept that all doctors are god, even when they throw a chair across a room, then you will be fine
-If you stand up to a doctor, even when they are wrong, you will be fired
-Time off is a joke, first year is less that 14 days for sick, personal, all holiday, and vacation (even less if you are not full time). If you are a part time hourly employee you will earn about one shift off per 2 months (4 pays)
-Management and team work is NOT encouraged...
-Unless you have to work here, goto Newark (Licking memorial is wonderful) or Columbus

Management needs to get their nose out of their blackberries (playing games, reading news, sending inappropriate emails), and pay attention to the company. Genesis needs to leave the good ol boys club of south eastern ohio

13 Other Employee Reviews for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio) (View Most Recent)

Genesis

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

Lots of great people at Genesis!

Cons

The politics are ridiculous.
    I think Matt Perry is very shielded as to what is really going on...

When will we see the day when SLT isn't constantly on their BBs during meetings? It's time to pay attention.

Our new CEO (Matt Perry) will lead us into a great future

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Zanesville, OH

I have been working at Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)

Pros

The new CEO has the vision and drive to make the hospital a leader. The location in Ohio allow us to serve many needy communites. We have some of the best Doctors in their field practicing at Genesis.

Cons

The management that is left over from the last CEO need to fully embrace the new vision in order for us to grow. We need to do a better job in bringing in the fresh new ideas Mr. Perry has. The QA dept needs to do a better job of focusing on the things we do well and expand those instead of just focusing on the bad .

Evaluate the performance of current management and give them more direction or give someone else the chance to lead us into the future that MR. Perry wants

There are newer employer reviews for Genesis HealthCare System (ohio)