Genesis Today
www.genesistoday.com Austin, TX 50 to 149 Employees

Worst Place I have ever worked!

Undisclosed (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Genesis Today full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company produces quality nutritional products, which is why they're more expensive than others, and it has a solid foundation in research and development

ConsThe management team, including the owners, are dictators who lack any true leadership skills and have no professional integrity or wisdom. They treat employees like slaves and have unrealistic expectations.

The owners are always pushing to release new products, expect employees to "jump" and change their schedules at a moment's notice to work overtime (even on weekends!), and employees are not compensated in any way, shape, or form for their hard work: no paid overtime - not even paid lunches or dinners during overtime hours.

Management expects new employees to learn by mind-reading; no training is provided; and when new employees make mistakes, they're dismissed (figuratively and literally). Nothing less than perfection is tolerated.

And employees are crowded together in tiny areas like sardines or work at tables in the warehouse. Yes, it's true! There are hidden cameras and microphones, and management spies on employees' electronic communications. They jump to conclusions without asking questions or trying to resolve issues. Paranoia!

Management behave like high schoolers with their clique mentality, huge egos, juvenile gossip, and methods of exerting professional exile on those who "don't fit in."

If you like working in a highly dysfunctional environment, then this company is the place for you. Otherwise...RUN!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet sensitivity training and check your egos.

Fasten your seat belt for accelerated growth

I have been working at Genesis Today full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Entrepreneurial environment, filled with passion. This is a great place for people with initiative who are fast paced and have a can do attitude. -… Cons: - Because the company is growing so fast, the company is catching up on staffing there may be a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work and accelerate the pace of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Change - Change - Change

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Genesis Today full-time for less than a year

Pros: -new, competent leadership from CEO, Director of Marketing, Director of Sales, Chief Science & Innovation Officer and HR… Cons: -Moving so quickly sometimes we need to take a moment… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Genesis Today.

Worked for Genesis Today? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genesis Today reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genesis Today CEO Steve Brecher. All reviews posted anonymously by Genesis Today employees.