There are newer employer reviews for Genesis10

Last resort in a bad job market

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Genesis10 as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you want a temporary position with no commitment or strings then contracting is the way to go. Gen10 has some good contacts in this market.

Cons

No benefits and low pay. Not at all engaged with the employee or contracting client. Gen10 has not asked the client for feedback on me in the two years I've been in my job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great at early stage

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Genesis10 as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

-2wk Training program upon first hire -Weekly support at client site (at least when I first started) -Monthly lunch w/ consultants at client (at least when I first started) -Opportunities to author training material -Lunch and Learn sessions to build awareness of skills

Cons

-Drop off in support as time with company grows -Difficulty starting at clients with reputation - excessively need to re-make yourself to get back where you were with previous client -Staff augmentation sold as management consulting model - inserted into client project team, not consulting firm team. Firm engagement can be low to nonexistent as a result. -Difficulty contributing to strategic vision at client and no encouraged mechanism for relaying client vision back to G10. -Allow consultants to review relationship/delivery managers/directors. They make or break our experience at the client. All of my positive support feedback is based on work with one relationship manager, while negative feedback is associated with a particularly disengaged relationship manager. Feeling that G10 is not results-oriented with relationship manager.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on budding consultant careers. Regular touchbases 'just because' go a long way to ensuring consultants offer insight into opportunities/challenges at client. See this as a miss both for training/development and client relationship. Work on the Associate to Consultant level transition.

Poor experience overall.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Genesis10 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pro's one that I experienced in my tenure @ Genesis10

Cons

IMHO...less than ethical employees and management