Genesys

www.genesys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genesys

Excellent place to learn the ins and outs of the contact center market.

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Daly City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys

Pros

Great technology; reputation in the market; smart people; travel opportunities.

Cons

Lower than average pay; interference from Alcatel-Lucent (though Genesys was recently sold to a private equity firm). Carear advancement ignores until resignation letter submitted.

Make sure employees understand the long-term game plan. Provide clear overview of who competitors are, what makes Genesys unique, and provide more collaboration opportunities with sales.

227 Other Employee Reviews for Genesys (View Most Recent)

Clueless Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys

Pros

Great products, good sales force, loyal customers.
    Some really great people work here
    Flexibility with telecommuting for most positions

Cons

Management is clueless: poor people management, no recognition other than for engineering, no sense of the workload created or the long hours most folks are working.

Very insular management group - boys network. Promotions few and far between and definitely targeted to men.

Genesys has been absorbed into Alcatel-Lucent and this has caused it to lose it's soul as a fast-moving, category leading software company - totally bogged down in the big corporate morass.

Pay attention to the sacrifices people are making; recognize all achievements; try to maintain some of the software culture.

Allows remote work

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Most work is done by email and LAN anyway, so it's no problem to work from home. My immediate management is excellent.

Cons

ALU absorption is diluting our process quality; our products will eventually suffer. ALU-imposed senior management seems out of touch. Too much off-shoring. Advancement is unlikely.

ALU Top Guns: Drop the talk about how we must "abandon our silos" and get with the ALU philosophy, and consider why you bought Genesys. We had a great rep. You should consider abandoning your silos and trying out our approach to business.

There are newer employer reviews for Genesys