Genesys

There are newer employer reviews for Genesys

Good Work/Life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Daly City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative products that lead the contact center industry. All of us will go out of our way to make sure the Customer needs are met. At professional services, we build and implement large (> $1M) solutions for big enterprises (Banks, telecom companies, utilities etc).We get to work from home full time in any US city (Travel to customer sites as necessary).

Cons

Not much in terms of career growth opportunities. Fairly static careers for all my co-workers and managers. Genesys is pretty much focused only on the contact center and maybe not for someone interested in fast growth sectors like Mobile Computing, Big Data and Machine Learning etc. They recently acquired companies to have products in the Cloud, but I don't see much of it in my line of work (yet). We HAVE to work from home full time!

216 Other Employee Reviews for Genesys (View Most Recent)

A good starting point (marketing ops)

Former Employee - Marketing Database Intern in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Database Intern in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

- The current senior marketing database manager permitted me room for growth.
    - Supportive of my success and gave me a shining reference (even created an opening for me even though I ended up having to decline the offer).

Cons

- I did not have a grasp of our product despite being on the marketing team..
    - Not much visibility if you're an intern; but I guess it would not be the best use of time to fill-in an intern with your business strategies anyhow.

- Keep encouraging growth. It helps foster talent and success. You will see a return in a more happy, efficient, and creative employee.

Genesys Response

May 23, 2014HR Representative

Thanks for posting! You’ve given us some valuable insight. We want all of our employees, interns included, to understand the product better, so that’s a place we can definitely improve! Your feedback ... More

Good pay, but success based primarily on politics.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Daly City, CA

I worked at Genesys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people as individuals, competitive environment not conducive to collaborative

Cons

Lack of clear objectives and budget

Value your employees

Genesys Response

Jul 25, 2014SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for posting your concerns; I’m sorry we won’t have a chance to address them with you personally. I’ll be sure to share your comments related to your former department with the appropriate ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Genesys