There are newer employer reviews for Genesys

Clueless Management

I worked at Genesys

Pros

Great products, good sales force, loyal customers.
Some really great people work here
Flexibility with telecommuting for most positions

Cons

Management is clueless: poor people management, no recognition other than for engineering, no sense of the workload created or the long hours most folks are working.

Very insular management group - boys network. Promotions few and far between and definitely targeted to men.

Genesys has been absorbed into Alcatel-Lucent and this has caused it to lose it's soul as a fast-moving, category leading software company - totally bogged down in the big corporate morass.

Pay attention to the sacrifices people are making; recognize all achievements; try to maintain some of the software culture.

reviews filtered by

Allows remote work

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Genesys

Pros

Most work is done by email and LAN anyway, so it's no problem to work from home. My immediate management is excellent.

Cons

ALU absorption is diluting our process quality; our products will eventually suffer. ALU-imposed senior management seems out of touch. Too much off-shoring. Advancement is unlikely.

ALU Top Guns: Drop the talk about how we must "abandon our silos" and get with the ALU philosophy, and consider why you bought Genesys. We had a great rep. You should consider abandoning your silos and trying out our approach to business.

They will not promote you. No way. You need to learn French in order to schmooze effectively.

I worked at Genesys

Pros

The company have great health insurance coverage.

Cons

Promotion within the company is virtually impossible; good deeds always goes unnoticed.

More local, seasoned management professionals are needed. The opposite of imported from abroad.

There are newer employer reviews for Genesys