There are newer employer reviews for Genomic Health

Discover and work with your strengths.

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health

Pros

Many external collaborators, auditors and vendors have basically summed it up, "Everyone here is so cheerful!"

As corny as it sounds, it's true. The workplace is comprised of friendly, hard-working, intelligent individuals who cooperate and innovate to contribute to a product we stand by: providing personalized medicine to patients with cancer. At every quarterly all-hands meeting we get to meet and learn the story behind an actual patient whose life was changed as a result of using Genomic Health's ODX Breast product.

By all other standard performance metrics, Genomic Health does just as well. Career advancement and development opportunities are encouraged. Clear, honest communication and a surprising amount of corporate visibility is the example set by upper management that serves as a template for interpersonal exchanges. Compensation is seriously deliberated upon, with emphasis on remaining competitive within the industry and equitable inside the organization. Along these lines, recognition, feedback and bonuses are linked to applaud the commitment employees have to meeting challenges with enthusiasm.

Cons

As Genomic Health continues to grow, typical business growing pains surface: new organizational structures, increased documentation requirements, and a dilution of communication. Given these challenges, Genomic Health is taking a proactive approach by maintaining a culture of truth seeking and honest feedback and a willingness to be flexible in how the organization grows while continuing to progress toward clear, short- and long-term goals.

The new employee breakfast with Randy was a great experience. I appreciated the opportunity to learn first-hand about his vision and motivations behind starting the company. Maintaining the connection between upper management and task-based employees is a challenge as companies grow, but I'd encourage Randy and the executive team to keep in touch with everyone. There's a lot to be said about feeling visible (and accountable) in an organization.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Genomic Health (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for!

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Terrific working environment to work in

Cons

Needs clearer growth paths for employees

This company has an excellent culture and great work/life balance!

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time

Pros

On your first day you are handed a book called "Strengths Finder" and you are encouraged to learn about what you truly can bring to the table. The management invests in each employee and empowers them. I feel inspired everyday that I work here and I'm highly motivated. There is no focus on "face time". As long as you contribute and do your part, you are free to have a flexible schedule.

Cons

Some full time employees can be almost too focused on their work and don't take the time to go for lunch/socialize with the new hires and help them integrate more with the group.

Get rid of the gummy bears and chocolate, I'm gaining weight!! ;)

There are newer employer reviews for Genomic Health

Worked for Genomic Health? Contribute to the Community!