Genomic Health
www.genomichealth.com Redwood City, CA 500 to 999 Employees

8 out of 10 women will develop breast cancer

ProsMy mother-in-law and the friend of my close friend have both used Genomic Health's Oncotype DX kit for breast cancer, and have used the test results to make informed treatment decisions in light of their diagnosis. It feels unreal that I was the one who recommended the test to them, knowing how their test results impacted their lives for the better. As an employee, I feel a direct connection between the work I do and those who I care about. This focus on patient health is pervasive throughout the company, and is a key contributor to a cooperative spirit throughout the organization.

ConsThe growing pains commonly experienced as a start-up gains size and momentum are beginning to surface. Certain departments are holding the company back by resisting the change. Other departments are resource-constrained and becoming bottlenecks.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn a portfolio with limited resources, there is a limit to how much can be done. Clear priorities need to be established and communicated throughout the organization.

Good Company

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Most teams work in harmony. Cons: Politics at all sorts of levels. Good luck getting promoted. Advice to Senior Management: Better benefits for all level of employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Outstanding Customer Service Department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

I worked at Genomic Health full-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly, hard-working, enthusiastic employees. Cohesive supportive team. Being a part of a cutting edge industry is amazing. It's really up to you how… Cons: Work/Life balance can be a bit challenging. CS department is incredibly fast-paced. There is always something… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Genomic Health.

Worked for Genomic Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genomic Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genomic Health CEO Kim Popovits. All reviews posted anonymously by Genomic Health employees.