Genomic Health

www.genomichealth.com
  www.genomichealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genomic Health

Great culture, team, and enviroment!

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My team is positive, works hard, and interacts well with each other. We all come from different backgrounds and experiences, but we allow each other to have diverse opinions and work together to make decisions. I feel appreciated for my thoughts and I am heard.

I also influence change and process improvements easiliy here. When I worked for bigger companies, process change would get slowed down and there was so much red tape for approvals. Here you can make a difference seamlessly.

It is a relaxed atmosphere...you can wear jeans everyday. The executives are approachable and engaging.

Several fun employee events; better than some big company events.

Good Employee Stock Purchase Program.

Cons

I would advise increasing the 401K matching. Expand office building since we are growing so much.

Keep reinvesting back in the company

25 Other Employee Reviews for Genomic Health (View Most Recent)

TA Team Dysfunctional

Current Employee - Recruiter in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work (if you're not a part of the TA Team)
    Friendly employees

Cons

Leaders react more than respond...they lead by their emotions. Have a "sink or swim" mentality, if you don't know their process (as they are too busy to even train you) they will get rid of you.

Have too many lengthy meetings. 1 hour is more than enough...2 hours? Come on, are we in school? No wonder some employees can't get their work done!

"Knives in one hand, candy in the other"...they like to attract top talent but are intimidated by ones who know more or are more experienced than they are.

Very dysfunctional company. QA dept needs new leadership and fast!!

Former Employee - Senior SQA Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior SQA Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Genomic Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly folks and good facilitates team. They do give a different fruit every week. Many Program /Project mangers in IT are very good at their job.

Cons

Very poor management on IT side. Totally driven by emotions, leaders are non-leaders. The Project managers are not allowed to do their job. Petty minded managers squelch any one who try to improve the process. Any new ideas for automation are not encouraged.

Shake up IT Allow people who really know what they are doing to do their job and encourage improvements.

There are newer employer reviews for Genomic Health